[Skip to page content]
City of Denton logo stacked
X icon

Fair Housing

Federal law prohibits housing discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, family status, or disability. If you have been trying to buy a home or rent an apartment and you believe your housing resources rights have been violated, or if you feel your renter's rights or right to fair housing have been denied, you can file a fair housing complaint.

There are several ways to file a complaint. If you need assistance call City of Denton Community Development Manager, Danielle Shaw at (940) 349-7237 or the main phone line (940) 349-7726.

You can file a complaint yourself by using the U. S. Department of Housing & Urban Development website. Click on the link and you can complete an online form or print out a form and write out your complaint. If you choose to write your complaint out, you can then send it to the Fort Worth HUD Office.

If you don’t have access to a computer, you can write a letter to the Fort Worth Regional Office of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

801 Cherry St., 27th Floor
P.O. Box 2905
Fort Worth, Texas 76113-2905

You can also call HUD toll free at 1(800) 669-9777.

Include in the letter:

  • Your name and address
  • The name and address of the person your complaint is about
  • The address of the house or apartment you were trying to rent or buy
  • The date when this incident occurred
  • A short description of what happened

Mailing address:

101 E. 15th St., Room 144-T
Austin, TX 78711-001


Contact Us

location icon
Visit Us
601 E. Hickory St. Denton, TX 76205
phone icon
Call Us
(940) 349-7726