Bagged grass clippings and leaves, stacked brush and tree limbs, and similar yard waste are collected once a week on your curbside collection day. This yard waste is used by the Beneficial Reuse department to make Dyno Dirt. Follow these steps for convenient yard waste removal.
- Grass clippings and leaves should be bagged and tied.
- Brush and tree limbs should be cut in less than four foot lengths and stacked into one pile with the cut end toward the street.
- Yard waste should be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day at least four feet away from carts or other objects.
- Do not place yard waste in your trash or recycle cart.
- Four cubic yards of yard waste [length x width x height (in feet) ÷ 27 = approximate number of cubic yards] will be collected per week at no charge.
- If more than four cubic yards of combined yard waste (grass, leaves, brush, and tree limbs) are placed at the curb on your collection day, charges of $7 per cubic yard will apply.
To ensure collection of excess yard waste, call Customer Service (940) 349-8080, prior to your collection day. Excess yard waste totaling $25 or less will be automatically collected and added to your monthly utility bill. Note: Residents and non-residents may also deliver clean yard waste to the City Landfill; fees will apply.