The City strives to deliver outstanding quality services through citizen involvement, innovation, and efficient use of resources. By leveraging funding local, state, and federal, grants we have the target goal to ensure at least 3,500 individuals and/or households are served through City-supported programs.The City provides funding for the provision of the following services:
Boys and Girls Clubs of North Central Texas (940) 239-9309
- Free after school services to 20 socially-economically disadvantaged youth
CASA of Denton County, Inc. (940) 243-2272
- Salary costs of case manager to provide advocacy services in the judicial system for abused children who have been removed from their home. The agency helps to ensure the child is placed in a safe, permanent home.
Children's Advocacy Center (972) 317-2818
(Hotline) - Fee for support services to children and law enforcement in the investigation of cases involving abuse and sexual assault of children.
Communities in Schools of North Texas, Inc. (972) 538-9930
- Funding for personnel and supplies for dropout prevention programs in Denton ISD campuses located within city limits of Denton.
Denton Christian Preschool (940) 383-3332
- Provision of teacher and bus driver salaries to provide quality early childhood education for at-risk children in the community.
Denton City County Day School (940) 382-6485
- Teacher's salaries for day care to low-income children between the ages of 18 months and 5 years.
Denton Community Health Clinic (940) 600-7527
- Case management for patients with complex needs in coordination of care.
Denton County Friends of the Family (800) 382-7273
- Salary for director to ensure shelter is properly equipped to improve clients sense of safety, provide support in overcoming the impact of violence and abuse, and begin the process of helping the client achieve and maintain self-sufficiency free from family violence.
Denton County MHMR (940) 381-5000
- Direct care staff for the HCS Residential Care Services Program.
Fred Moore Day Nursery, Inc
. (940) 387-8214
- Teacher's salaries to provide nurturing and developmentally appropriate early learning environment for low-income families between the ages of 6 weeks and 5 years old.
Giving HOPE, Inc. (940) 483-0569
- Costs for the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and case manager's salary and financial assistance to families who are homeless or at-risk of being homeless and seeking to secure permanent housing.
Health Services of North Texas (940) 381-1501
- Food and hygiene assistance to HIV/AIDS clients to supplement and increase access to food; medications and the cost of enrollment to access free and low-cost medications provided by pharmaceutical companies; and medical services (specifically sonograms) for women who demonstrate a lack of financial resources to receive such care.
Interfaith Ministries (940) 566-5927
- Short term rental assistance to prevent eviction and prevent homelessness.
RSVP (940) 383-1508
- Personnel expenses for the Program Assistant for coordination of volunteer activities for senior citizens in Denton.
The Salvation Army Denton Corps (940) 566-3800
- Assistance with food provided at the K.A.R.E. Kitchen and Food Pantry for clients and low-income households.
SPAN, Inc. (940) 382-2224
- Home delivered and congregate meals for senior adults in Denton.