The Mayor’s Summer Youth Jobs Program strives to provide meaningful job experiences for local high school students and recent high school graduates. Participants have access to job skills training, career development resources, mentorship opportunities, and fulfilling work experience that create opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
This eight-week paid summer youth program provides participants with job experiences throughout the community. The City of Denton participates in the program by providing jobs in City departments. Denton businesses can participate through the Community Business Partner Program. Participants are considered employees of that organization and are required to meet all of that organization’s standards for employment. The Community Business Partner Program is one of the youth programs managed by United Way of Denton County.
To learn more, contact Kayla Stewart at Kayla@unitedwaydenton.org or at (940) 566-5851 x119 or go to http://www.unitedwaydenton.org/SummerYouthJobs
- Must be a resident of the City of Denton.
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 21 (Some positions may have more specific age requirements).
- Must be enrolled in high school or graduating from high school in June 2016.
- Must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Must have a driver’s license OR other government issued photo identification.
- Must pass background check and/or drug screen (as required by individual employers).