Have a pre-development meeting
For a current project, pre-development meetings offer an opportunity for applicants to learn more about the City development processes and requirements, and to identify potential issues. Staff will provide applicable information for current projects related to: Zoning, Platting, Site Design, Building & Energy Codes, Fire Code, Transportation, Water, Wastewater, Solid Waste, Drainage & Floodplain, Environmentally Sensitive Areas, Tree Code, Landscaping Requirements, Real Estate, Gas Wells, Electric, Processes, and Fees. There is no fee for a pre-development meetings, but an application must be submitted at least one week before the desired meeting date. Meetings are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
Download and fill in the Pre-Development Meeting request form
Apply in person or online
Applications are accepted anytime; however, to be included in the week's new submission list, the deadline to apply online is noon on Wednesday and to pay fees and upload documents is noon on Thursday. Please review the appropriate checklist for your application below to ensure your application is complete.
Apply in person: Submit one copy of each item listed in the associated project checklist. If your submittal includes exhibits that are larger than 8 ½ X 11, please provide a PDF of the exhibits saved on a CD or flashdrive. Apply in person at City Hall West, 221 N. Elm Street.
- Apply for a Project Online with E-TrakIT - As soon as the project is created, an email will be sent to you with instructions on how to upload your documents into ProjectDox.
- Upload your Drawings and Supporting Documents into ProjectDox
- Pay for your Application Fee
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Call (940) 349-8360.
Please note, all fees must be paid in order for staff to continue processing your development review submittal. If you miss the deadline,your initial development review request will be deemed incomplete.
When staff has determined the development review submittal is complete, the project is referred to the Development Review Committee (DRC) for review. Once the DRC's review is complete, an email will be sent to the person listed as the Applicant with instruction to log into ProjectDox to view comments and markups.
Public Hearing Schedules
Applications & Checklists
All applications submitted for review must be accompanied by an application, all items listed in the appropriate project checklist, and payment.
Development Contract Forms and Requirements
- Development Contract Form
- Development Contract Checklist
- Development Contract Instructions
- Escrow Agreement for Postponement of Exterior Sidewalk Improvements
- Escrow Agreement for Postponement of Interior Sidewalk Improvements
- Escrow Agreement for Postponement of Sidewalk Improvements Instructions
- Escrow Agreement in Lieu of Performance Bond
- Insurance Requirements
- Certificate of Liability Insurance Example
- Payment Bond
- Performance Bond
- Exhibit A and B Example